Well countdown to my wedding has begun… a little less than 6 months to go. I can proudly say about 60% of my wedding preparations are done. Like always, there are still some little things left but I can say more or less done.
I am a Bhopal bride and it was really difficult to find things around as my parents have recently moved to Bhopal while I have been living in UK for last few years. So, none of us really knew our way around. I am starting this blog with the hope to help future Bhopal brides with some planning…and to create memories of my journey to the D-day
My groom is a Bengali from Kolkata. We are not Bengalis and the wedding will be a mix of both traditions. So while the Wedding will happen in Bhopal (mainly following our customs), there will be a Bengali style Reception (Bou Bhaat) in Kolkata.
Things to plan:
- Wedding venue and decorations
- Functions – Sangeet, Mehendi, Reception etc.
- Outfit for each of the functions
- Trousseau including accessories and footwear
- Make-up Artist and Mehendi artist
- Guest list
- Stay arrangements for Baraat as well as relatives & friends
- Photographer and videographer
- Food menu
- Gifts for in-laws
- Vidaai gifts for guests
Keep checking this blog as I share my journey here.