Goodbye to UK – this is one is dedicated to my wonderful friends – Rahul, Moitree, Sinchan, Sneha, Sukrut!!

Yes, I finally said a ‘goodbye to UK’ on 14th September 2013… with just about 2 months left for the wedding, it gives me enough time to relax, spend time with family, and prepare for the wedding! A goodbye to UK also meant a goodbye to my friends (of course we remain friends but we will not see each other very often now). No weekend plans, no gossips, no late night talks, no dumb charades and no 29 (the newest addition to our ‘things to do’ list)! – well, all this will continue but without me… :(

The last weekend together

Moitree and I, the 2 with craziest ideas!
“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” – might be cheesy but perfect for me now!

Saying goodbye to these friends was the most difficult part (or probably the only difficult part) of leaving the country… The fact that I will not see them makes me feel strange even after 5 days of the final waves at Heathrow airport where we kept waving at each other till I reached the security gates after which I could not see them.


I have lived away from home for years and the years of practice has made me perfect at not shedding tears while saying goodbyes and it worked this time around as well. It was only when I sat on my seat in the aircraft it struck me… I had just said goodbye to the best of my friends…. Friends who I know are my lifelong friends… and tears rolled down. I am just not going to be the same without them.

Just before the final goodbye
Happy that I am leaving? Or just keeping his promise of the last dance before I leave?

“It is one of the blessings of friends that you can afford to be stupid with them” – I have been stupid, I have been happy, I have been angry, I have been judgemental, I have been stubborn, I have been all these and more with them and I cherish each and every moment spent with them.

I will see all of them at my wedding (except Moitree, who I will see at her wedding next year!) but I will (probably) forever miss the times spent with them… teasing Sukrut, fighting with Baba (Sinchan), gossiping (PNPC ;)) with Rahul, late-night chats and crazy idea sharing with Moitree, hair care and skin care discussions with Sneha....Guys…. I will really really really miss you!! See you all soon… 

1 comment:

  1. I always believed that one can only make close friends in school. To my surprise (and definitely a pleasant one!) I was proved wrong! You say in these last few months you've been angry, but I've seen your compassion, you've been judgemental but I've been uninhibited with you. Always waiting to pose for photos, discussing poses for photos for such a long while, late night talks and saying every 5 minutes we need to sleep, desperately trying to play holi,laughing at stupidest of things... I'll always cherish these memories! Thank you for penning these down so beautifully! Hope we all will keep adding to this repertoire. N yes you know and we all know its never going to be the same without you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave a comment.
Note: Spam will be deleted automatically